What is Growth Matters?
Growth Matters is a new coaching program offered by the Sobey School Business Development Centre. We are offering coaching packages to select companies with growth potential to help them make decisions around how to approach new opportunities or deal with nagging problems. Our coaches use a custom assessment, and coaching tools from Growth Wheel International, to move your business forward.
The Coaching Process
The SSBDC is part of Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We leverage the capabilities of one of the best business schools in the region to provide relevant research and evidence-based coaching. Our most recent project collected information from 170 Atlantic Canadian business owners, high-level managers and economic development professionals about what challenges they face while growing, and what behaviours set the great companies apart from the good.
Challenges for Growth in Atlantic Canada
- Accessing ﬁnancing for growth
- Hiring the right talent
- Planning and executing sales
- Exporting conﬁdently
- Difﬁculty keeping track of all available government programming
- Difﬁculty understanding and completing funding applications
Behaviours of Successful Growth Companies
- Using future-oriented language
- Conﬁdence that they control the direction of their company
- Using speciﬁc short-term plans
- Tracking and using outcome-based data
- Collecting data to make good decisions
- Participating in peer mentorship groups
- Understanding and using effective sales processes to generate revenue, acquire ﬁnancing and recruit top talent
- Adopting innovations from other industries
Book a meeting with a coach today
The Sobey School Business Development Centre (SSBDC) wants to see Atlantic Canadian businesses grow. We are now offering a growth coaching program where qualiﬁed businesses can receive one-on-one coaching, training and support from the SSBDC’s experienced team of business coaches. If your business is struggling with growth, or just looking to create a strategy for taking the next step towards a better company, contact us to learn how you can take part.